Tourism accounts for a significant part of El Salvador’s economy. We may be the smallest country in Central America, but with majestic volcanoes, charming small villages, wide sandy beaches, and rugged mountain ranges, we accommodate a wide range of tourist destinations and offer excellent investment opportunities. The most popular tourist destinations of our country are:
- Ruta de las Flores, a route that passes through several charming villages hosting food and crafts markets, named after the colourful flowers on the side of the road.
- El Sunzal, one of the best beaches on the Pacific Coast with world-class waves almost every day and plenty of scuba-diving and snorkelling opportunities.
- Suchitoto, the cultural capital of El Salvador
- Parque Nacional Los Volcanes, a national park with three major volcanoes in hiking distance.
- Bahia de Jiquilisco, a UNESCO biosphere reserve where the endangered hawksbill turtle can be spotted.
- Tazumal, El Salvador’s mayan ruins
These videos may provide you with a first impression, but there is much more to explore.